Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bible in a Year!

My sister-in-law, Heather, has challenged me (among many others) to read the Bible in a year.  She has an amazing blog, where she is posting this challenge.  I started on Jan. 1st.  It is a Chronological Bible in a year challenge.  I do not own such a Bible, but I logged on to www.crosswalk.com, and you can sign up there.  They provide you with your list for the year, and track your progress.  It is FREE and pretty awesome.

Here is the link to Heather's challenge!



Today I read Job 1-5.  (I sure hope I'm on the right track as everyone else!!)  I've read Job before, but it is AMAZING how you can read something in the Bible over and over and it means something different, or tells you something new, each time!  Today while reading these passages, it really hit me that God is proud of us.  He also never leaves us.  Here is the verse that just gave me an overwhelming sense of comfort today:

"My advice to you is this:  Go to God and present your case to him.  For he does great works too marvelous to understand.  He performs miracles without number."  Job 5:8-9

This sort of goes a long with another challenge offered us at church this Sunday; the challenge is to track the miracles you have witnessed...here goes:

Miracle:  My husband.  Since I can remember I wanted to be married.  I dated A LOT of guys, and tried to make each one "the one."  I had all but given up finding someone by the time I was 24 (which may seem odd to some!)  I was a new Christian and just decided to let the search for a husband go.  Within 7-8 months of doing so, I met my husband on a blind date.  Kevin has taught me so much, more than he even knows...and I know he was sent to me from God.  So, there is miracle number one.

I hope you will take on this challenge - either one. 

Enjoying this time of learning,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment