Thursday, August 5, 2010

7th grade...

http://www.mommyspiggytales.com/ - My sister-in-law is doing this, and I thought it looked fun...

In seventh grade I was 12 years old.  What a year.  Jr. High is the worst!  I developed early...and lets just say, I felt like one of the only ones.  I went from wearing a trainer in 5th and 6th to a full on woman's bra my 7th grade year.  And as if that isn't scary/weird/embarrassing enough lets add to it finally losing my last baby teeth.  Oh yes, I still had baby teeth.  Those baby teeth were just replaced with gangly, crooked biters.  I wanted badly to have "mall bangs" but my hair was always too fine to pull that off well.  So, I always felt like an awkward woman-child who just couldn't quite make it to cool.  Oh well.

7th grade was the first year my school consolidated with 2 other local towns.  It was exciting and fun to meet new people.  I have always enjoyed making new friends.  I was a cheerleader, and LOVED every minute of cheering...just hated all the 8th grade girls.  And I do mean HATE.  They made my life horrible during practices.  Luckily I didn't have to see them much outside of that arena.   I didn't like most of my friends by the end of my 7th grade year.  I realized early that you want friends who are true to themselves, kind to others, and fun in their own way - not in the mainstream do-it-because-everyone-else-is-doing-it way.
 
I flunked band.  I was grounded for the 6 weeks at the start of summer break because of this F.  I hated my band teacher...but I loved playing the flute, and now I wish I would have just stuck with it.


 Hmm...what else.  Oh, I had my first "real" boyfriend in 7th grade.  He was sweet.  He was my first real kiss...it was awkward, he cut my lip with his braces.  In his defense it was in the dark on a school bus AFTER a boys basketball away game...just try to be suave under those circumstances.  We exchanged Christmas gifts.  I got him a CD...he got me an E.N.U.F. sweatshirt.  They were awesome in my jr. high.  Everyone wanted an over-sized E.N.U.F. sweatshirt.  They were not cheap...imagine my embarrassment when he opened his Shai CD - 11.99 - and I opened my sweatshirt - 40.00 at least!!!  ha!

I guess that is enough reminiscing...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh my ... so glad those years are behind us!! :) i am trying to remember who the first boyfriend was??

    ReplyDelete