Sophomore year...hmmm...well, I think the biggest part of Soph. year was starting drivers ed. We had 2 drivers ed. teachers in my school. Mr. Funk - a little crabby man that I was a little scared of, Mr. Winkler was the teacher to have. He was soooo cute. Coach Winkler is what we all called him, he taught a few classes but was better known for coaching our HS boys basketball team. Back to the story - I was one of the lucky ones that got Coach Winkler. Man o man did I have a crush on him. I swear I daydreamed of him 1/2 the time I was in driver's ed. It is a wonder I passed. My friend Amy and I were driving partners. It was great...we probably looked like such dorks flirting with Coach...oh well, now we just have memories of a great driving experience.
I started golfing my sophomore year. I had never golfed a day in my life (unless you count miniature golf) before I joined the golf team. We had the most awesome coach. Judy Kalkwarf was a great teacher and a huge proponent of trying hard, trying our best, but most importantly of having a good time. We always enjoyed our practices and meets because of her fun and upbeat attitude and her willingness to do everything in her power to make us better golfers.
Hmm...those are probably my 2 biggest memories of my 10th grade year...Oh, I dated a guy named Luke and he put a big white fuzzy monkey in my locker for Valentine's day. It was probably the first and last time I got anything for Valentine's day in high school...probably the last time someone surprised me with a gift on Vday. It was cute.
10th grade was definitely one of my better years. But I guess after 2 kids and a bunch of allergy meds I just can't remember much more...at least not things that are suitable for this blog!!
Enjoying the memories,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment