Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Books books books

I love books.  I love them too much.  When I start reading, I become compulsive.  I can't stop!  It really reeks havoc on my cleaning, parenting, wifing, etc.  I try to just read them when I am at the gym, or after my kiddos go to bed.  But...sometimes I just can't seem to stop; I have to know what happens next, and next, and next.

This compulsion is NOT something new.  I have always been pretty passionate about reading.  I can remember several times waiting in  a dr.'s room and reading the backs of medical bottles, ingredients on my gum/candy packs, etc.  I would read just about anything.  I guess it would be more appropriate to say that I have a passion for words.  (For those of you who know me, this should not come as surprise! ha!)

I find something so completely satisfying about reading words that someone else put together and seeing the pictures in my head that those words create.  Gobs of movies are based on books...and I always wonder if the screenwriters are really translating their experience with a book through their script, or if they are just commercializing it.  I would love to be a screenwriter.  Ha...I am sure there are a lot of those in the mid-west. : )  But, the truth is I would be a lousy screenwriter, my movies would be 12 hours long!!

All that being said:  Am I the only compulsive reader among mothers?  I sometimes feel like I am.  Is there anyone out there that enjoys reading more than just about any other hobby or time-waster?  If so...got any book recommendations? : )

loving words,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment