This week in my Bible a Day reading I read the first 18 chapters of Exodus. Those Israelites (sp?) were so impatient. They barely received one miracle from God (ie. escape through the Red Sea, bitter water turned good, Manna from heaven, etc.) before they were complaining about God and how He doesn't take care of them. This got me to thinking.
I do a lot of complaining. Sometimes out loud and most of the time in my head. I complain to myself about myself, my kids, my house, my money (or lack there of!!) and about all kinds of people that I come in to contact with. Why am I complaining? God has NEVER failed me. He has always met all of my needs in every way. Why couldn't those following Moses see that, too? Or did they? Maybe they just couldn't stop the complaining. Maybe Satan had a hold of their thoughts. Either way, I am going to make it a top priority to pray for grace and peace whenever I think of complaining.
Enjoying my blessings,
M
so true ... it is too easy to complain and i wish i too would take more time to stop and praise God for all he has done and continues to do for me! thanks for the reminder! :)
ReplyDelete