Yesterday (Sunday Jan. 24, 2010) I was baptized. I didn't grow up in a church that taught adult baptism, or willing baptism. It took me some time to understand what exactly it had to do with me. I had felt, though, for at least 2 years now, that I should be baptized. You see, I don't so much believe that you have to be baptized to be a Christian, or to go to heaven when you pass. However, I do believe that we are called to reach our full potential as Christians while we are here on Earth, and to do that baptism is key.
I want to do all that Christ has called me to do: be a great wife, a wonderful mother, sister, daughter, friend. But above all I want to be a good example. Someone that when others look at me can see the light and joy of the Lord and want to be near him as well.
Thank you to my husband, friends and family that encouraged me. And thanks be to God!
yea Michelle ... so happy for you! I wouldn't mind if they did baptisms weekly! I LOVE it! Brings happy tears to my eyes every time! God is AMAZING!
ReplyDelete