Friday, November 6, 2009

Maybe I took it the wrong way...

I had a woman say the following to me the other day after telling her I stayed at home with my children as opposed to working outside the home: "Oh, it is so nice that you can do that" I am sure she didn't mean anything by it, but I thought I detected a little snub in her voice.
Really, do you think it is so easy? Because instead of that top of the line, high safety rating, new van you drive, I haul my munchkins around in a less than new van, with a little rust...(not that I am complaining, my van is very nice) And instead of the big house you live in, I live in a ranch. The list goes on and on. It is nice that I can do that. It is nice that I can choose to live on less, that I can go without, so I can stay with my kids.
Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with women working outside of the home. I just hate when they insinuate that my family must have a lot of money, or that they are harder workers than me because they work outside of their house. Really? It's nice that you can do that. ARGH!

Sorry to rant, if I offended anyone, please forgive me.

3 comments:

  1. sometimes you just have to let it out!

    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so hard to take sometimes. i'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot my password for awhile, so I am now catching up. Anyways, I feel sad for that Moms that don't stay home, but definitely could. Life is just so short and kids grow up so fast! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete